Now we've installed your smart meter and provided you with your In-Home Display, you can download your In-Home Display full user guide. It shows you how to set targets and understand and compare your energy usage, as well as how to change settings on your In-Home Display.
Setting up the In-Home Display
If you’ve chosen to have an In-Home Display, our engineer will set it up for you after your smart meter installation is complete. If we’ve sent it to you, there are a few steps you’ll need to take to set it up first. To set up your In-Home Display:
- Plug in the mains adapter.
- When your In-Home Display turns on, it’ll start to set up a connection with your smart meters. This can take up to five minutes.
In-Home Display features and controls
- Colour display – You’ll see details about your energy usage and how much you’re spending, based on information from your smart meters
- Circle button – Press to turn on your In-Home Display, as well as confirm your choices as you work through the menus.
- Left, right, back buttons – Use these to navigate the different screens.
- Usage light – Check how your energy use is going with the coloured light. You’ll see a green, amber or red light to show if you’re on track.
Your In-Home Display questions answered
Where should I put my In-Home Display?
If possible, keep your In-Home Display within two metres of your smart electricity meter. It’s best if you can see it easily, so you can regularly check how much energy you’re using.
Why isn’t the In-Home Display showing any information?
Your In-Home Display uses a wireless signal to receive energy usage information from your smart meters. If your In-Home Display shows ‘Waiting for data’, it could be because it’s too far away from your smart meter. Try moving your In-Home Display closer to your electricity smart meter.
Why are the costs on my In-Home Display different to my energy bill?
The cost that shows on your In-Home Display is based on your consumption, but it’s for information only. It doesn’t include any additions like VAT or Direct Debit discounts you may have on your bill. These are done through our billing system so can’t be shown on your display.
Don’t worry, all the information we use to work out your bill is completely accurate.
What do I do if my In-Home Display is showing an error message?
Your In-Home Display may show an error message if something goes wrong. You can find out what these mean, and what to do, in our In-Home Display full user guide.
Who can I contact if I still have problems with my In-Home Display?
If your In-Home Display still isn’t working as it should, get in touch with us on 0345 071 3991. We’re open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, and 8am to 2pm on Saturdays.