Once you have received a bill from us, we'll expect you to make the payment in full within 14 days. You can pay via Direct Debit, cheque or by using your telephone or internet banking services. Other payment options are available by contacting us such as payment via debit or credit card.

If you would prefer to spread the cost of your water charges, we can offer you a payment plan such as a monthly Direct Debit or standing order. Please contact us to discuss which payment arrangement is best suited to you.

Usually, the person who lives in the house pays the bill. Sometimes the landlord pays the water bill if they've included it in the tenancy agreement. It's your responsibility to check who's responsible for paying the bill.

Paying by cheque

You can post your cheque to us at Water Customer Service, PO Box 230, Havant, PO9 9DT.

Please don't forget to write your full account number on the back of your cheque.

Paying by Direct Debit

Setting up a Direct Debit is really easy. All you need to do is decide whether you want to make monthly payments or pay off your bills in full when you get them. Then contact us on 0345 078 3200 so we can get it set up for you.

Trouble paying your bill

If you are having trouble paying your bill, the first thing to do is contact us so we can help. We will discuss the payment options available to you and agree the most suitable. We may even be able to make special arrangements to suit your circumstances. Call us as soon as you can so we can help reduce the stress that financial hardship can cause.

Setting up a direct payment plan through your benefits

We may be able to help you arrange for your payments to be taken directly from your benefits. Firstly, you'll need to see if you qualify for this payment plan. The Department of Work and Pensions will decide whether you qualify for this. To find out more contact your local benefits office.

WaterSure Tariff

WaterSure is a cap on the amount you are charged for your water and is for customers that need to use a lot of water due to family size or certain medical conditions.

To qualify for this plan, you need to receive a means-tested benefit such as; universal credit, council tax benefit, housing benefit, income support, income-based jobseeker's allowance, pension credit, child tax credit (unless you only receive the family element), income-related employment and support allowance or working tax credit, and either have a large family (with at least three dependent children under the age of 19 and for who child benefit is being received); or a member of the same household who has a medical condition that requires the use of extra water.

To apply, simply contact us so we can go through your application with you.