Water leaks

Contact us as soon as possible if you suspect a leak on your property. Our Emergency Services Team will arrange a visit and give you any other help and advice you need to get the leak fixed.

We look after the water main in the road and part of the pipe that runs to a point near the boundary of your property. The rest of the pipework is your responsibility to look after. This means you'll need to arrange for the leak to be fixed.

However, in some circumstances, we may be able to help with a free leak repair service. Our free leak repair service covers leaks on the external underground pipe up to 50 metres long between the stop valve in the pavement and the wall of the property.

We can't repair leaking pipes under your home or any outbuildings. Internal leaks aren't covered either, so you'll need to contact a plumber or contractor to take a look at it for you.

Things you can do

Taking regular meter readings will make it easier to spot an increase in your usage which may be down to a leak. Also, look out for lower water pressure or flow from your taps, or waterlogged areas in your garden. Even noisy pipework could mean there's a leak.

If you've had a leak, you may qualify for our leakage allowance. In order to claim back the money you may have paid from leaks, please contact us for an application form if you think you may be eligible.