If you’re thinking about switching your phone and broadband provider, we’ve got some great deals. So, whether you download movies, shop online or keep in touch with family and friends through social media, we’ve got a package for you.
Below, we explain how to switch your phone and broadband to us and how to transfer your phone number. You can also find out what you need to do if you're moving home.
Plus get more phone and broadband help from our main help page on everything from phone call features to broadband speeds.
How do I change phone and broadband provider?
- Compare our phone and broadband packages online.
- Enter your postcode (and landline if you have one) to check package availability, prices and broadband speeds for your property. Choose the package that's right for you and sign up.
- Once you’ve signed up, we’ll arrange to change your phone and broadband to us. You won’t have to contact your current provider unless you're with Virgin Media.
- We'll email your Welcome Pack within a couple of working days of signing up. It'll confirm your phone and broadband package details.
- Your current provider will write to you to confirm your supply is switching to us. They'll let you know if there are any exit fees for your contract with them.
- We'll send you a router pack around three working days before your service start date. It contains everything you need to set up your broadband including a wireless broadband router, a micro filter and set-up guide.
- On your start date, just set up your Wi-Fi router, connect your devices and start enjoying SSE broadband. Switching takes around 18 days for most customers.
Most people will have a suitable phone line at their property. But if our line checker doesn't find one, the price we'll quote will include a one-off installation fee.
If you're looking to upgrade to a high-speed fibre optic broadband plan, take a look at our fibre broadband availability page for more information.
Can I transfer my phone number?
When you check the availability of our packages using our line checker, you'll see an option to enter your existing phone number. We'll try to transfer this over to us if you decide to sign up. If BT Openreach can't transfer your number over, we'll give you a new one. We'll email to let you know what this is along with your start date, around 10 days before you start with us.
We may also be able to move some of the call features you have on your phone line to us. If we can, we'll write to let you know which features are active after your phone line switches to us.
What if I change my mind about switching my phone and broadband?
We’re sure you’re going to love our phone and broadband. But, if you change your mind for any reason, you can cancel before the switch happens.
You can cancel your phone and broadband order without charge up to 5pm on the working day before your service is due to start. Find out more about your right to cancel.
Moving phone and broadband to a new home
Moving home with SSE can take around 18 days so it's best to let us know as soon as you know your move date.
Depending on the circumstances we might be able to get our services set up in your new home sooner – give us a call and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Switch to SSE phone and broadband
Zero price hikes during your 18-month contract
Leave for free with our 60-Day Happiness Guarantee
No upfront broadband charges
Here's what Frustration-Free Broadband means for you
Zero price hikes during your 18-month contract.
Our price promise is to keep phone and broadband package prices fixed for the duration of the contract from your package start date. The only exception will be any increases to VAT or any other relevant tax/levy. The monthly package price includes your monthly broadband, line rental and selected call package.
If you’re not completely satisfied with our service, you can leave for free within the first 60 days.
Our Happiness Guarantee is for customers signing up for an SSE fixed-term broadband and phone package bundle. They can leave their contract without early termination charges within the first 60 days, if they’re not happy with any aspect of the service they have received, and we have been unable to fix the problem.
No upfront broadband charges
No broadband connection charge, and no postage or delivery charges. The only exception will be if you don’t have an active BT/Openreach phone line, we’ll arrange for an engineer to install one. This will cost £60 and we’ll add this charge to your first bill.