Our Commitment to You

At SSE Home Services we are committed to doing the right thing for our customers. If you believe we have not met your expectations, we want to hear from you so we can put things right.

We take all complaints seriously and by following the steps below we’ll be able to deal with your complaint quickly and fairly.

Step 1 – Tell us about your concerns

You can tell us about your concerns in the way that you choose.

Get in touch with us

If we can't resolve your complaint or haven't agreed on a resolution within three working days, please go to step two.

Step 2 – Contact our Specialist Complaints Team

If your complaint hasn't been resolved to your satisfaction, please get in touch with our Specialist Complaints Team. They will carry out a full internal review of your case and aim to resolve the matter within five working days.

Call them on 0345 070 9383

They're available from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and from 8am to 6pm on Saturday.

Email them

You can send them an email at HomeServicesComplaints@sse.com. Please provide your name, account number and/or full address.

Write to them

Include your name, account number and/or full address so we can get back to you. We may try to call you so that we can help you quickly. You can use this address:

PO Box 7612

See our Privacy Notice for details about how we use your information.

Step 3 - If you're still not happy

We'll do our best to resolve your complaint fairly. Once we have completed our investigation, we will provide a final response. If you aren't happy with our final response, or it's more than eight weeks since we received your complaint, and your complaint relates to:

Your non-insurance product with us

You can contact the Alternative Dispute Resolution service by using one of the following methods.


Send a letter to

Utilities ADR
12 Walker Avenue
Stratford Office Village
Wolverton Mill
Milton Keynes
MK12 5TW


Call 0203 137 8268



Your insurance product with us

If you have an Insurance Contract which provides your Breakdown Cover or finance for a new boiler installation, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to review your case.

The Financial Ombudsman Service is an independent body that arbitrates on complaints. Here's how you can contact them:


Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
Harbour Exchange Square
London E14 9SR


0800 023 4567


07860 027 586





You have six months from the date of our final response to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service

If you purchased this policy online

If you purchased your product online, you also have the option to visit the European Commission’s online dispute resolution platform which will help route your query or concern to SSE and/or the relevant ombudsman and may assist to resolve complaints.

Independent help and advice

If you've already spoken to us, you can still get free, confidential and impartial advice on your issue from Citizens Advice.

Summary complaints data

Our summary complaints data for the period 1 April 2020 to 30 Sept 2020 can be viewed below. It has been published in accordance with guidelines from the Financial Conduct Authority.