Our SSE Home Services products are a great way to protect your boilers, controls and electrical wiring. With a range of payment methods, they're also easy to pay for.
Whether you choose a monthly Direct Debit or a one-off annual payment, you'll find information below on how to get covered.
What is Direct Debit and how does it work?
Monthly Direct Debit payments are the easiest way to pay for your SSE Home Services cover. A Direct Debit is an instruction you give to your bank or building society. It authorises us to collect payment for your cover.
The benefits of paying by Direct Debit are:
- The cost of your cover is spread throughout the year with a regular monthly payment.
- Payments are taken automatically, so you'll never forget to make one.
- You can choose a payment date that suits you.
- You're covered by the Direct Debit Guarantee.
Information on the Direct Debit Guarantee
The Direct Debit Guarantee promises:
- You will be notified if there are any changes to the amount, payment date or frequency of your Direct Debit. This will happen before your account is debited.
- If an error is made with your payment, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
To find out more about your rights, visit the Direct Debit Guarantee website.
Managing your Direct Debit account
How to set up Direct Debit payments
It's easy to set up a Direct Debit when you sign up for SSE Home Services cover. You'll need your bank details to hand.
You can also pay for your SSE Home Services cover with an annual Direct Debit. To pay this way, please contact us.
Changing your Direct Debit details
Please get in touch if you need to change any of the details of your Direct Debit.
How to cancel a Direct Debit
If you want to cancel a Direct Debit, please tell us first.
If you cancel your Direct Debit without letting us know, you may still owe payments for your cover. Cancelling your Direct Debit will also mean you are no longer protected by our SSE Home Services cover.
If you still want to stop your Direct Debit after talking to us, you need to contact your bank or building society.
Paying annually for your Home Services cover by card or cheque
There are other ways to pay for your SSE Home Services cover. You can also pay with a one-off annual payment by cheque, credit card or debit card.
If you choose to pay by these methods, you need to make the payment before your cover starts.
How to pay by card or cheque
If you'd like to pay for your cover by cheque, credit card or debit card, then please contact us.
If you're paying by credit or debit card you'll need your card to hand when you talk to us. Card payments may be subject to a handling fee.