If you've run out of credit and can't top-up right away, we'll lend you £5 emergency credit.
If you've got a smart Pay As You Go meter, you can start using your emergency credit quickly and easily through your In-Home Display, or your Smart Energy Tracker if you have one of these, using the steps below.
When you can activate emergency credit
You can activate emergency credit when you've got credit of £2 or less on your meter. You'll get notifications on your In-Home Display, or Smart Energy Tracker if you have one of these, when you're able to do this.
How to start using your emergency credit
To activate emergency credit on your In-Home Display, here’s what you need to do:
- Choose the Prepay balance tab from the tracker’s home screen. If you see a grey ‘e’ symbol, you can activate emergency credit.
- Select either Electricity or Gas.
- You’ll see a box asking if you want to activate your emergency credit. Select OK to confirm.
If you have a Smart Energy Tracker, here’s what you need to do to activate emergency credit:
- First, you'll need to make sure you're on your Smart Energy Tracker's main menu. Here you can choose either ‘Electricity’ or 'Gas'.
- Next select ‘Your Account’ and then 'Your credit'.
- You'll then see a box at the bottom of the screen that says ‘Emergency credit’ and an 'Activate' option. When you're ready, press ‘OK’.
- Finally, you'll be asked ‘Are you sure?’ Answer 'Yes' to start your emergency credit.
You can also start your emergency credit by using the controls on the smart meter itself.
Extra help topping up your emergency credit
If your emergency credit runs out, please top up as soon as possible. If you're unable to top up, we may be able to offer further support. The easiest way is to get in touch. You'll need to pay back any credit you borrow, but we can spread the cost so you pay a little bit at a time. We’ll make sure your repayment plan is affordable.