Here's an overview of how to apply for a Feed-In Tariff:

  1. Choose and install your generating equipment. Options include solar panels, ground-source heat pumps, air-source heat pumps and wind turbines. Make sure the installation is done by a Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) qualified professional and that you have the right certificates to be eligible for a FIT scheme. Find out more information at Ofgem and
  2. Get in touch with your electricity supplier and register for a Feed-In Tariff with them.
  3. That's it! You'll get paid for the electricity you generate plus any excess you export back to the grid.

How to register for a Feed-In Tariff with us

To register for a FIT with SSE, just print out our Feed-In Tariff application form, fill it in and send it to us at:

FIT Bureau
Ty Meridian
Malthouse Avenue
CF23 8AU

You can read our Feed-In Tariff terms and conditions here.