We’ve made some changes within the SSE Group. This means the supply name for your tariff or package may change.
- If you're an electricity customer, you are now supplied by SSE Electricity Limited, rather than SSE Energy Supply Limited.
- If you’re a gas customer, your supply will remain under the existing business name, Southern Electric Gas Limited.
- If you’re a phone and broadband customer and have one of our packages, you’ll now be supplied by SSE Retail Telecoms Limited.
- We’ve also changed to a new bank account for all three services.
If you have two or more of these services, they will be supplied under the different names above. However, your Direct Debit payment plan or agreement will not change.
How does this affect your Direct Debit payments and benefits?
If you’re an energy customer paying by Direct Debit, you’ll keep getting your discount of £40 a year for each fuel*. For both energy and phone and broadband customers, there’s no change to your Direct Debit payments collection date. You’re also still protected by the Direct Debit Guarantee, which you can read below.
It's important to remember:
- There's no need to complete a new Direct Debit Instruction.
- You might see a change to the name that appears on your bank statements or online banking.
- Your bank or building society may also let you know about the change.
- Your bank statements may say ‘final’ or 'first' payment, but you won't need to do anything.
You can also call us on 0345 076 0512 for gas and electric enquiries, or on 0345 070 4304 for phone and broadband enquiries.
Our call centres are open from Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm. On Saturday, we accept calls between 8am to 2pm.
The Direct Debit Guarantee
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, SSE will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request SSE to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by SSE or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when SSE asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.
*If you have a fixed price tariff and pay by Direct Debit or Standing Order, you’ll get a discount of £40 a year for each fuel, when compared to another way of paying. The discount is applied to your standing charge on a pence per day basis, until your tariff ends. If you have capped prices on a standard variable tariff, your standing charge and unit rates will be reduced for paying by Direct Debit or Standing Order. Your discount will vary depending on how much energy you use, where you live and your meter type. Discounts do not apply to customers on an Energy Assist tariff or with a Pay As You Go meter.