At SSE, we're committed to giving you excellent customer service and treating you fairly. We never forget that you have a choice of gas and electric suppliers and are grateful that you have chosen us.
We created our Treating Customers Fairly Statement to set out, in plain terms, how we are meeting the 'Standards of Conduct' introduced by the industry regulator Ofgem. The aim of these Standards is to improve the experience customers have with their energy supplier and ensure fair treatment. Our Treating Customers Fairly Statement provides more information about these Standards and the actions we’re taking.
Every decision and action we take is based on our promise to treat you fairly. To make sure we do this, we will meet the following Standards:
1. We will behave and carry out any actions in a fair, honest, transparent, appropriate and professional way.
2. The information we give to you (whether verbally or in writing) will be:
- complete, accurate and truthful;
- in clear and plain language;
- related to products or services that are appropriate for you;
- fairly presented, with the most important information highlighted to you; and
- sufficient to allow you to make informed choices about your energy supply.
3. We will continually review the way we do things to ensure our work is complete, thorough, fit for purpose and transparent.
4. We will always act promptly and courteously to help you. If something goes wrong or a mistake is made, we will work with you to fix this without fuss.
5. We will make it easy for you to contact us.
6. If you are in a vulnerable situation, we will provide extra help, support and flexible customer service arrangements to suit your needs.
If you would like a printed copy of our Treating Customers Fairly Statement or our Customer Charter, please get in touch.
Call us on 0345 071 9710. All of our contact centres are UK-based and are open from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturdays.
You can also talk to us by emailing us through our website, or contacting us via Twitter (@YourSSE) or on Facebook.
Alternatively, write to us at: SSE, Inveralmond House, 200 Dunkeld Road, Perth, PH1 3AQ.