Our complaints procedure for energy customers

Our complaints procedure is designed to help you make sure that all your queries are answered quickly and efficiently, and to make sure your points are fully answered. If you have a complaint about one of our other products, you can go to our complaints pages for broadband or home services.

How to make a complaint

Step 1 – Talk to us

Contact us to speak to one of our fully trained Customer Service team who will aim to resolve your complaint within 24 hours, or keep you updated if it will take longer.

Phone - 0345 070 7373

Online - Use our enquiries form

Post - SSE, PO Box 7506, Perth, PH1 3QR

As part of resolving your complaint, we’ll give you an explanation of what went wrong, fix the problem and apologise. We may also offer compensation if this is appropriate, including if your complaint is related to our sales and marketing activities.

Step 2 - Escalate

If you’re unhappy with the progress we’re making in resolving your complaint, you can call us on 0345 070 7373 and ask for an escalated review of your complaint.

If your complaint hasn’t been resolved in 10 working days, you can raise this with our Head of Customer Service team:

Online: Use our complaints form

Post: SSE, PO Box 7506, Perth, PH1 3QR

Step 3 – Ombudsman Services: Energy

If we can’t agree on a way forward, we’ll provide you with our final position by sending you a deadlock letter. If this happens or if your complaint takes longer than eight weeks to resolve and you’re not happy with the progress, you have the option to contact the Ombudsman. They’ll carry out a free, independent investigation on your behalf. Any decision they make will be binding on us but not on you.

Website - www.ombudsman-services.org

Phone - 0330 440 1624 (Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm and Saturdays, 9am to 1pm)

Email - enquiry@ombudsman-services.org

Post - PO Box 966, Warrington, WA4 9DF

Free independent help and advice at any stage

Free independent help and advice is also available at any stage from the Citizens Advice consumer service. Contact them if you need help with an energy problem around your bills or meters or if you’re struggling to pay for the energy you use. They’re the official source of free and independent energy advice and support. Go to the Citizens Advice website or call their consumer service on 0808 223 1133. Calls are free.